May 25, 2011

Psychics!

Journal 4-5

I.
                Last week we spent a lot of time talking about the ethics of magic and magicians. I was very interested this topic, and after seeing many magicians perform, I was curious as to who were the top magicians of all time. After much research, the answers have been found!



               The list of the top three magicians varies from source to source, but after looking at the results of several polls, I have found the most common top three. Number 1 : David Copperfield. Number 2: Jonathan and Charlotte Pendragon. Number 3: Criss Angel.  

II.
              Last week in Ethic's Class was a very interesting and informative week, even though we did not have many classes. We continued our discussion of magicians and magic tricks, but we also began discussing the ethics of psychics. All in all, it was a great week!



              I thought that the most interesting part of the week was the documentary we watched on the ethics of psychics. I knew very little about mind reading and psychology, so this movie was very informative. I thought it was hilarious when the psychics were proven wrong! I had two favorite examples in this documentary. One was when Uri Geller was made a fool of on live television. It was even more remarkable that his career was not ruined by it! Another favorite was when the two ladies from Britain were trying to read the picture of the criminal. They were proven to be frauds because they could not even see that he was a mass murderer! I really loved how the host was able to mock the field of magic, while doing it in a comedic way that made the documentary very entertaining!  All in all, it was a very entertaining documentary and it was my favorite one of the year! I am so glad that we watched it!



               In class, everyone did not have a chance to speak their minds about psychics, so I will do so now. Personally, I think that all so-called psychics are frauds. I totally believe that there is no such thing as a sixth sense, and that people possessing supernatural powers is completely ridiculous! I have never seen anything to make me believe that such things are true, and until I do I will continue to deny their existence. Who knows, there maybe someone in the world that actually may have a sixth sense, but the chance of this happening is very slim to none.


III.
                After all of this talk about psychics, I am very interested in learning more about psychics. Who is currently the most famous psychic? Who is the most famous of all time?

Please stay tuned for the answer next week!

Sources

5 greatest magicians of all time. (2010, September 30). Retrieved from http://www.blindloop.com/index.php/2010/09/5-greatest-magicians-of-all-time/

Crazy town. (2011, May 25). Retrieved from http://crazytownmayor.com/blog/781/manic-monday/ 

Joke pranks blog. (2011, May 25). Retrieved from http://jokesprank.com/blog/funny-jokes/hilarious-psychic-jokes-psychic-tarot-jokes-funny-astrology-jokes.html

Uri geller. (2011, May 25). Retrieved from http://www.uri-geller.com/dates_archive_01.htm

1 comment:

  1. As a matter of fact, Nancy Reagan was constantly hounded by the press for her reliance on astrologers and psychics to set the president's schedule.

    Psychics

    ReplyDelete